Europass is a portfolio of five documents, designed to make skills and qualifications clearly and easily understood across Europe. Europass helps:
- citizens – to communicate their skills and qualifications effectively when looking for a job or training
- employers – to understand and compare the skills and qualifications of the workforce
- education and training authorities – to communicate the content of curricula
Two documents are directly completed and updated by citizens using the Europass online editor, with the help of examples and tutorials:
- the Curriculum vitae (CV) presents skills and qualifications acquired in formal and non-formal learning; a cover letter can also be created online and attached to the CV, along with copies of qualifications, employment certificates, etc.
- the Language passport gives a detailed description of language skills
Three documents are issued by national authorities:
- the Europass mobility is a record of knowledge and skills acquired during a placement or a training in another European country
- the Certificate supplement describes the content of training programmes (knowledge and skills acquired, validation, certification level, legal framework). It complements the information included in official certificates
- the Diploma supplement is issued to graduates of higher education. It describes the nature, level, context, content and status of the studies
A network of National Europass Centres is the first point of contact to learn more about Europass.
This publication is an excellent introduction to the key tool – Europass CV http://www.cedefop.europa.eu/en/publications-and-resources/publications/8085